THIS is why it’s neccessary to out these sons of bitches…because even when we do what the law suggests they still make out scratch free and leave us in shambles…
YOU SEE THOSE TWO SMALL BLACK DOTS..THOSE ARE THE FALSELY ACCUSED IN COMPARISON TO THE GUILTY SONS OF BASTARDS [NOT BITCHES] WHO WALK FREE.
So you rape apologists can miss me with this “what about the men who might be falsely named” b.s because out of all of those submissions I bet thus far NONE have been false… per the graphic that’s
about2 out of 1000.
TWO OUT OF ONE THOUSAND ARE FALSE.
Go fuck yourselves apologists.
This really puts things in perspective
Alright, I’m gonna be the asshole here: Strictly methodically speaking, there are several things wrong with this pic. This is probably not the point here - but still, it seems it has been commented as such. Hence…
1. The “unreported” figure is a guestimate at best. As such, it should NOT be taken at face value, and is likely to enhance the dramatic effect. Otherwise, what is the source for this figure? The source linked talks about a variety of assumptions, ranging from 5% to 50% of all cases being reported, saying that they assumed 10% “which is dramatic, but possible”. This is not a fixed number. Don’t take it as such.
2. Those “reported”, who “faced trials”, but did NOT end up jailed, and as such were most likely ruled to be innocent in a court, are not the same thing as “falsely accused”. This presents an interesting interpretation of law: Not the decision in the court room is correct, but… well, what? The statement of one involved party? The statement of the possible victim? Arguable, but this is the opposite of “innocent until proven guilty”. (The source has no further information here; the information is gathered from the data on reported and persecuted rape accusations)
3. And consequently, everybody is labelled “rapists” (see top left)
4. However, then what rules somebody “falsely accused”? A decision by the judge?
5. Don’t you dare label me somebody defending rapists. But don’t take a chart which uses guestimates and is only intended to illustrate something as a source for fixed numbers. “TWO OUT OF THOUSAND ARE FALSE” is exactly the sort of sophistry that might even end up tarnishing the credibility of the campaign (or whatever you want to call that graph). IF YOU ARE GONNA USE NUMBERS AND METHODLOGY, YOU BETTER KNOW YOUR SHIT OR SOMEONE’S GONNA CALL YOU OUT. This approach is no more critical or questioning than just assuming that “the girls had it coming” by default. Do you really want to be what you fight against, only with a different aim?
Seriously. “even when we do what the law suggests they still make out scratch free” is a fucking pitchfork away from some vigilante bullshit, and THIS sort of self-righteous, sheepish behavior is EVERYTHING a movement concerned with the empowerement of women, who for centuries were at the other side of the issue, should avoid to be. You should know better than to resort to such barbaric means of “truth finding”. Who knew Charles Bronson was the role model for the modern liberal feminist?
Unless this is really just about drawing lines in the sand and rushing ahead - and not a social movement rooted in a fundamental belief in rational argument striving for a justified / fair social order. And if that is indeed (not) the case - THEN, by all means, go ahead and make a fucking joke out of yourself.
Here’s hoping I’m wrong.
PS: I know this is an emotionally charged issue. But I won’t pretend to know what the issue feels like for a woman or even a victim of such crimes. I can only approach the matter in a factual manner, which I hope won’t come across as “cold” - plus I personally believe that emotional arguments tend to be problematic anyway, as they in one way or another forbid criticism of them.